WOMEN WITH PCOS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH STUDY
We are currently recruiting women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and a Body Mass Index (BMI) between 30 to 45 for a study investigating the effects of long-term heat exposure on cardiovascular and metabolic health.
The study involves cardiovascular and metabolic health testing at the beginning, middle, and end of an 8-10 week period. Some subjects will sit in a hot tub 3-4 times per week for this 8-10 week period (one hour per session), and some subjects will not use the hot tub but will complete all other testing.
- Female age 18-40
- Diagnosed with PCOS
- Body mass index (BMI) between 30-45 kg/m2
- No smoking, heart disease, or diabetes (slightly high blood pressure and pre-diabetes are okay)
- Not pregnant or currently breast feeding
- Screening session (<1 hour)
- If in the experimental group, 30 heating sessions over 8-10 weeks (1-1.5 hours each). Control subjects will not have heating sessions.
- 11 experimental sessions: 4 prior to and 4 following the 8-10 weeks of heating, 3 after 4-5 weeks of heating (2-4 hours each).
If interested please contact Brett Ely, M.S. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon participation in this study, subjects will be compensated for their time up to $470 depending on group assignment and study activities.